Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cheesemaking 101

I'm all excited about cheese, as usual. I have a new class going on in Hermann, Missouri and it is so wonderful to share something I enjoy so much with others. This week was the 2nd session so my prospective cheesemakers had their orientation last week and made chevre this week. Everyone is always skeptical and many comment, "Oh, I won't be able to do it." Of course, by the end of the evening when they are taking home their cheese, their faith is restored.

I just cut fresh chives which are out in abundance. So we'll have chives to add to their next make. With goat cheese, I think the simple additions of chives or herbes du provance make the cheese sing! Singing cheese, now there's a thought.

Remember to check out my website at www.cheesewriter.com